See all job listings
Henry Street Settlement
Since 1893, Henry Street has delivered the most effective, compassionate and comprehensive services possible to residents of the Lower East Side. As a multifaceted not-for-profit, Henry Street provides innovative social services, arts programs and healthcare services from 17 locations throughout the Lower East Side. Building upon its legacy for innovation and effective programming, Henry Street has grown to offer more than 50 different programs, currently making it one of the most comprehensive settlement house in New York City, as well as one of the City’s largest social service agencies. Henry Street is governed by a 45-member Board of Directors and is supported by government grants and contracts, as well as foundation, corporate and individual support.
Inaugurated in 1991 and funded by the New York City Department of Homeless Services, Helen’s House is a transitional housing program that provides temporary accommodations with on-site social services for 16 single parents and their children up to nine years old. During their stay, each family is housed in a furnished efficiency apartment, and has access to onsite social services that address the psychological and concrete causes and effects of homelessness and unemployment.
• Assist Program Director in preparation of all reports and ensure they are submitted in a timely manner
• Assist Program Director in maintaining the filing system
• Assist Program Director with customer service and maintaining the appointment calendar
• Assist with typing correspondence, retrieving and filing confidential documents
• Monthly update of staff calendar and processing of time and leave request
• Ensure all time cards are done correctly and are signed by the Program Director in a timely manner
• Schedule and maintain training logs and inspection certificates.
• Liaison with IT and HR Dept.
• Supervise SYEP, YAIP interns
• Answer telephone and take accurate messages
• General office functions such as copying, faxing and mailing all required documents
• Provide front office coverage as needed
• Maintain inventory, order program supplies and process bill for program
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Two or more years office/ and Administrative experience
• Computer literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong proofreading and typing skills (40 – 45 wpm)
• Must have good judgment and problem solving ability
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
• Must be able to handle confidential information and documentation
• Professional, courteous demeanor.
• Bi-lingual preferred (Spanish/English)
Commensurate with experience
To Apply: email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Administrative Assistant-Helen’s House” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
Posted on 08/03/18; CVMHA ID #12245