See all job listings
Youth Opportunity Hub Social Worker
Henry Street Settlement
• Provide counseling, case management, activities/workshops and coordinate internal/external referrals for services to a caseload of 40 youth (13-24 years old) who live, attend school, or have a significant connection to one of the 6 Lower East Side settlement houses.
• Recruit, outreach, engage, and enroll youth to build and maintain an ongoing 40-youth caseload. Work with youth through high school graduation and transition to college/employment. Continuously add youth to caseload as existing caseload achieves goals.
• Engage and maintain partnership relationships with key program stakeholders, internal and external. Connect youth to secondary partners for services.
• Assist in the coordination of events and program opportunities for youth both in assigned Settlement House and community wide.
• Facilitate pertinent workshops and presentations for youth.
• Complete necessary progress/case notes and internal reports, maintain caseload files, and enter timely contractual data into various database systems.
• Participate in various contractual, program, division, and agency meetings and activities.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• MSW required; LMSW and SIFI preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
• Flexible schedule, available evenings/weekends.
• At least 2 years of experience working with adolescents from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience providing individual counseling, group counseling, and case management.
• Ability to engage, build relationships, and demonstrate empathy with youth.
• Diverse cultural competence required.
• Strong networking and relationship-building skills.
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and follow through skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated with the ability to be resourceful, efficient, flexible, and effectively work under pressure.
• Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with staff members across multiple programs and program sites.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel, email correspondence, and database management.
To Apply: email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate “Youth Opportunity Hub Social Worker” AND the website where the position was found.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program.
Posted on 06/29/18; CVMHA ID #12179