See all job listings
Program Supervisor (Housing)
The Fortune Society
Title: Program Supervisor
Unit: Scattered Site Housing
Reports to: Senior Director of Housing
Status: Full Time; Regular; Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Castle Gardens
Date Prepared: June 25, 2018
Working under the supervision of the Senior Director, the Program Supervisor will be responsible for the overall day-to-day functions of the scattered site housing program to ensure continuity of services for housing clients making the transition from incarceration and homelessness to independent living.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide coordination and outreach of services between Fortune Society staff and outside provider agencies;
• Assist the Senior Director with hiring, contract orientation on training of new staff;
• Collaborate with contract providers to ensure compliance with DOHMH; HUD and OASAS funding requirements;
• Ensure timely and accurate internal and contractual reporting, including playing an active role in the development and implementation of new reports as needed to assess program effectiveness and achievement of desired outcomes;
• Ensure that all housing related services rendered are documented in case records as required by the agency and by funding sources;
• Collect, compile and summarize all data for reports related to internal and external activities;
• Develop, nourish and maintain good working relationships with realtors, landlords, and representatives of outside agencies that provide clients with needed services;
• Attend and participate in meetings, conferences, and trainings;
• Conduct weekly folder reviews and supervision with case managers and housing specialist;
• Participate in interdisciplinary case conferences;
• Assess housing staff training needs and provide and/or arrange for training needed to ensure professional standards in service delivery;
• Engage in his/her own ongoing professional development; and
• Take on additional responsibilities, as directed.
Manages 5 employees and oversees work of vendors.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
• Master’s Degree in a related Human Services field with 2 years supervisory experience; or Bachelor’s degree in human services with 5 years of supervisor experience; or equivalent combination of high school degree and experience in the human services field;
• Proven ability to negotiate and work effectively with HASA, HRA and/or other government agencies;
• Strong organizational and leadership skills, as well as strong verbal and writing skills;
• Experience using Microsoft Word computer applications, including Excel;
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of staff with diverse backgrounds and skill levels, and ability to nurture professional development of staff; and
• Experience in a not-for-profit setting preferred.
The Fortune Society encourages individuals to apply who have successfully made the transition from incarceration and/or substance abuse into a stable, productive lifestyle in the community.
Travel Requirements: Will require travel to our Long Island City site for presentations and events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Please apply online at:
Email a cover letter and resume to:
Posted on 06/26/18; CVMHA ID #12171