See all job listings
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
The Fortune Society
Title: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Unit: Better Living Center
Reports to: Clinical Director
Status: Part-Time or possible Full-Time Regular/; Exempt
Job Code: TBD
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: 6.4.18
Provide initial psychiatric assessment and on-going medication management services to mental health clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Under the supervision of a Board Eligible/Certified Psychiatrist to provide mental health services to OMH-licensed Article-31 outpatient program and other programs as needed.
• Provide initial psychiatric evaluations, follow-up assessments, and medication administration and management, crisis intervention, and staff consultations;
• Ability to prescribe utilizing electronic prescribing according to NYS law;
• Complete documentation for each service provided as prescribed by the policy and procedure of the program;
• Communicate with Clinical Director and staff to ensure that appropriate mental health referrals are conducted; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s in Mental Health Nursing or related degree;
• Licensed Nurse Practitioner in Psychiatry;
• At least 3 years of experience working with a mental health population in an outpatient setting preferred;
• Experience working with a disenfranchised populations;
• Solid Microsoft office and database entry skills; experience with electronic health record preferred.
• Good verbal and written communication skills; and
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require infrequent travel to our Harlem location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply online at:
Email Cover Letter and Resume to:
Posted on 06/26/18; CVMHA ID #12169