See all job listings
• Teach skills to individuals and groups.
• Knowledge of coping skills for dealing with symptoms of various psychiatric disabilities.
• Advocate for recipients and negotiate with service providers.
• Travel to and from different sites and assist recipients with traveling training.
• Verbally engage and empathize with consumers based on common experiences.
• Assist consumers in identifying community supports and facilitating linkages.
• Assist consumers in planning and coordination of recreational/social activities. At times this may require escorting clients to these activities and/or participate in moderate physical activities as part of this task.
• Participate in activities of other staff members in their absence or during periods of staff shortage.
• Represent the agency at meetings, trainings not otherwise specified.
• Ability to work flexible schedule as work schedule and locations are subject to change.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Responsible for reporting and documentation of all incidents, utilizing the chain of command, within 24 hours.
• Communicate information with all staff and supervisors verbally and in writing for the purpose of giving instruction, providing feedback and adjusting work practices.
• Responsible to document all consumer interaction in accordance with program standards.
• Participate in the development of treatment goals.
• Conduct field based visits. The ACT Program provides 85% of their services in the community.
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the program coordinator or team leader.
• Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and the ability to empathize with, relate to and effectively work with recipients of mental health services. Life experience with mental health or substance abuse history.
• Two years of active participation in mental health self-help activities, peer support or peer advocacy programs, or recipient run organizations or similar experiences or programs.
High school diploma or GED preferred, not required.
All positions are in Far Rockaway.
Part time - Saturday and Sunday 4pm – 12am
Part time - Saturday and Sunday 12am – 8am
Full time – Monday – Friday 4pm – 12am
Full time - Monday – Friday 12am – 8am
Lisa Maher 631-920-8049
or you can email me at: Lisa.Maher@welllifenetwork.org
Posted on 06/15/18; CVMHA ID #12142