See all job listings
Assistant Aquatics Director
Henry Street Settlement
• Assist Aquatics Director with the setting up of the waterfront area during water activities.
• Supervise counseling staff on their responsibilities during waterfront activities.
• Take initiative, provide problem solving, and respond appropriately to participant situations in swimming pool areas.
• Assist Aquatics Director with both the initial and end of season inventory store equipment for safety and program evaluations and suggestions.
• Assist Aquatics Director with equipment check and make report on needed repairs.
• Accompany our camps on their aquatics field trips and to the pools.
• Check waterfront area daily for safety, cleanliness and order.
• Write lesson plans with help of Aquatics Director that foster participant’s aquatic skills.
• Help campers to progress from beginner to advanced levels.
• Award recognition and participation certificates to campers when earned.
• Plan and work with others during special events i.e. Color War, rainy day activities, hikes, etc
• Maintain schedule in accordance with camp program.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High school diploma or GED required; currently enrolled in college preferred
• Must have valid Life Guarding Certification
• Must have valid American Red Cross CPR Certification
• Must be certified in First-Aid
• Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
• Ability to relate to peer group
• Ability to accept guidance and supervision
• Good character integrity and adaptability
• Enthusiasm sense of humor patience and self-control
Commensurate with experience
To Apply: E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Job Title” in the subject line AND the website the position was found.
Posted on 06/14/18; CVMHA ID #12141