See all job listings
Licensed Practical Nurse (Evening) JANIAN/Delta Manor)
Center For Urban Community Services
A leader in community primary and mental health care, Janian Medical Care, P.C., is an award winning practice, partnering with community-based programs serving homeless and formerly homeless people in New York City. Through our partnerships, Janian Medical Care P.C. serves more than 2,500 men and women each year. Janian is seeking a full-time licensed practical nurses (LPN) to provide for its affiliate, The Center for Urban Community Services’ Delta Manor Shelter, located near the Parkchester area of the Bronx. CUCS is a leading housing placement program in NYC serving mentally ill, homeless individuals. The Delta Manor serves 102 homeless men who have psychiatric disabilities. Operating 7 days a week, the shelter offers 24 hour staffing including security and houses a full medical suite and offices for the on-site medical and social service teams. The shelter is readily accessible by bus and subway. The primary goal of on-site services is permanent housing placement for program participants into housing that meets their needs and abilities.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will work in collaboration with both CUCS and Janian Medical staff, which will include a primary care provider, psychiatrist, medical assistant, and social workers. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Scheduled hours will be Monday through Friday from 12pm-8pm.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of a physician, nurse practitioner or registered nurse, LPN responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assistance with Self Administration of Medication; includes the ordering, storage and documentation of medications as per agency policy and training. The LPN has a management and leadership role in this process.
• Upon orders from a Janian Medical Care provider, or in some cases a non-Janian provider, the LPN will:
o Provide nursing care
o Observe, measure, record and report clinical data relating to patient health status
o Administer injections, such as: Long Acting Injectable (LAI) medications, Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) implantations, or vaccines.
• Provide healthcare teaching and support as well as personal hygiene assistance/counseling to clients
• Escorting and chaperoning patients to healthcare appointments
• Communication with physicians and other providers to coordinate care and obtain information, reports and notes. Compilation of patient health information.
• Maintenance of medical office including care and maintenance of medical equipment and maintenance of inventory of medical supplies
• Participating in staff meetings and other case conferencing meetings as requested.
• Integrating nursing work with program’s social service staff, physicians and other nursing staff
: LPN license required; at least one year experience with mentally ill population preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, close attention to detail and computer literacy required. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Our staff enjoys a supportive, collaborative work environment with expert supervision that encourages clinical excellence.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Abbey Nyamekye (Abbey.Nyamekye@cucs.org)
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• Janian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 06/13/18; CVMHA ID #12138