See all job listings
Reports to: Senior Director, Behavioral Health Services
Location: Central Harlem
Overview: CASES is a New York City agency at the forefront of the intersection between behavioral health and the criminal justice system. Our mission is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community. The Behavioral Health Department includes our outpatient mental health clinic, eight mobile behavioral health treatment teams, and a quality assurance department. Reporting to the Senior Director of Behavioral Health, the Administrative Assistant provides a wide range of administrative duties to support departmental program operations. The Assistant will interact with program directors and staff, executive staff, government officials, researchers, consumers, and service providers. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail; strong social and communication skills; a good sense of humor; an interest in skill development; and a tolerance for ambiguity that allows him/her to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment at a growing agency.
• Coordinate day-to-day administrative activities based on senior director’s guidance and goals; initiate action on day-to-day matters not specifically requiring the action of the senior director
• Assist in gathering, preparing and dissemination of information to supervisors and staff relating to the administration and management of the behavioral health services unit
• Work collaboratively with key staff in central administration, information services, fiscal, development, and the Court Services and Education, Career and Enrichment units to support the operations and management of the behavioral health services unit
• Schedule and coordinate conference calls, interviews, meetings, and trainings.
• Manage departmental information and materials (e.g., staff rosters, policy manuals).
• Facilitate requests from the behavioral health department to support services (e.g., human resources, information services, facilities).
• Ability to quickly learn electronic databases to access information and use project management software and data visualization tools
• Manage user accounts in multiple electronic databases.
• Process fiscal documents (e.g., invoices, check requests, credit card expenditure forms).
• Serve as petty cash custodian for service programs in accordance with CASES policies.
• Run reports from the electronic health record and conduct some database quality assurance activities.
• Prepare meeting materials (e.g., graphs, charts) and take meeting minutes ensuring meeting action items are documented and executed by responsible staff; independently handle some project management of follow up items.
• Assist in gathering data and compiling information for the Senior Director Behavioral Health Services to share with executive, development, special projects staff and government and private funders and licensing agencies
• Plan and set-up special events for staff and participants.
• Photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, ordering food and supplies, etc.
• Participate in special projects as needed
• Maintain confidentiality of program participants as per city, state, and federal standards.
• Other duties, as assigned by the Senior Director or agency executive staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and other products
• Previous administrative experience a plus
• Data analytic and project management skills highly preferred
• Ability to manage multiple activities and prioritize appropriately
• Excellent production skills for reports in readable formats
• Demonstrated ability to be a team player
• Commitment to social justice
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/DgMD.
Posted on 06/08/18; CVMHA ID #12130