See all job listings
Early Childhood Family Social Worker
Henry Street Settlement
• Work with children enrolled in Henry Street Settlement Early
Childhood Education Center, especially those with disabilities and
their families, and working with them and the staff in an effort to
efficiently coordinate resources and ensure that enrolled children
are receiving needed, appropriate services in a timely manner.
• Attend varied meetings and workshops pertaining to Mental
Health, Students with Disabilities, etc. as needed or advised.
• Along with the Family Assistant, facilitate the organization of the
Health Services Advisory Committee and ensure the proper
planning, implementation, and evaluation of Health, Mental
Health, and Disability Services content areas.
• Encourage active parent involvement surrounding Mental Health
and Disabilities Services.
• Maintain and update data of individual Mental Health and
Disabilities Services records on each child in regard to what
services are needed and received.
• Facilitate parent/caregiver/family workshops on a variety of topics
• Conduct outreach in the neighborhood and partner with local
agencies such as public libraries, elementary schools, and
• Assist in establishing and maintaining relationships with the
community and creating partnership agreements.
• Assist in recruitment and enrollment of eligible children in the
• Conduct tours for incoming and prospective families.
• Meet with prospective families and collect documentation to
• Make and accept referrals for the children and families to and
from external agencies for student related services and Early
• Recruit UPK children and organize applications to submit to DOE
• Coordinate all initial vision, hearing, and nutrition screenings in
• Complete a family needs assessment with each family to identify
goals and action plans to meet goals.
• Maintain current and accurate records as required by the program
and insure confidentially.
• Coordinate and conduct orientations such as child abuse
prevention, program policy and procedures, curriculum, etc.
• Provide information and referrals to link staff and families to
appropriate community resources.
• Schedule meetings between parents and teachers and other
general parent meetings as needed.
• Coordinate nutrition and health services to ensure that procedures
follow all DOH, ACS, and Head Start requirements.
• Plan and execute for children and families a system to provide
medical, dental, growth, nutritional examinations and/or
assessments, health, vision and hearing screenings and required
• Set-up appointments for introductions between parents and
assigned teaching staff, and facilitate transition into care.
• Participate with other staff to plan and implement systems for
health, nutrition, education, and parent involvement.
• Follow-up with families on waiting list.
• Conduct annual satisfaction surveys with families.
• Assist families in transitioning out of the program by providing
choices and explaining the enrollment process for Kindergarten.
• Make periodic home visits as needed.
• Attend various mandatory trainings, meetings, and orientations.
• Assist in classroom when teachers or volunteers are not available
• Translate documents and interpret during conferences and
meetings as needed.
• Other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelors in Social Work or comparable human development field
required, Masters in Social Work or comparable strongly preferred.
• Experience working with families or in a social work capacity.
• Experience and familiarity working with agencies that assist
children and families with special needs (i.e. Committee on
Preschool Special Education, other similar organizations).
• Bilingual Spanish/English or Cantonese/Mandarin/English strongly
• Knowledge of the Lower East Side community and resources.
• Knowledge of Early Childhood, ACS, Early Learn, Head Start, etc.
• Strong computer skills; Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word,
and Excel required.
Commensurate with Experience
To Apply email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line, please indicate “Early Childhood Family Social Worker”
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Henry Street Settlement offers excellent benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Posted on 06/08/18; CVMHA ID #12129