See all job listings
Research Assistant Temporary Summer 35 hours/week - Starting after July 1, 2018
Location: Downtown Brooklyn
Reports to: Director, Program Evaluation and Business Intelligence
Overview: The Department of Strategic Initiatives at CASES, the primary department for planning, research and evaluation with a program evaluation and business intelligence unit is seeking 2 temporary research assistants for the summer of 2018 to assist on select projects involving data entry, data management and some basic data analyses. The Research Assistant will be trained in data entry method for each project and will be led through some data management strategies. The research assistant is also responsible for entering, verifying, coding, cleaning, and analyzing program data. Assists in the research and evaluation activities including data collection and organization of study information and provides clerical support to Director of Program Evaluation and Business Intelligence. The ideal candidate will have some prior experience interfacing with various electronic databases: Qualifacts CareLogic, AWARDS Foothold Technology, Salesforce and also have experience with Excel, PowerBI and SQL coding.
• Perform regular data collection, data entry, data cleaning, and converting data files received from a variety of sources into a form using excel that is useful for program evaluator to answer research questions
• Inputs all information into database and relevant spreadsheets
• Participation in quantitative analyses
• Participation in qualitative program evaluation including focus groups with clients with mental illness and program staff, coding and assisting in analysis of qualitative data for evaluation
• Enter data into electronic case report forms, databases, and spreadsheets
• Resolve research data queries from program staff and evaluator
• Communicate clearly and effectively with the administrative, clinical, evaluation and grants management staff
• Use electronic health record portal to track and retrieve information about client attendance at primary care and specialist medical visits, as well as build SQL codes to create reports in EHR with parameters
• Assist in preparing written program evaluation reports as well as any other data reports and visualizations to support Program Evaluation activities.
• Assist with data management.
• Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies.
• Perform duties in accordance with CASES’ mission, cultural competency, anti-discriminatory and other policies and procedures.
• Any other duties as required by supervisory staff and directors
• Undergraduate student with research experience (or Master’s student) in psychology, research methods, statistics, public health or social work interested in criminal justice, behavioral health and primary care with experience in research, data analysis and/or data management.
• Must be experienced in using Microsoft Office programs, such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel (with some experience using pivot tables, Get and Transform and Power BI tools).
• Experience with SQL coding and report building preferred
• Proficient in computers, Electronic Health Records (EHRs) and databases
$15 per hour
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/Dc5W.
Posted on 06/07/18; CVMHA ID #12128