See all job listings
Center For Urban Community Services
Janian Medical Care, P.C., seeks a medical assistant to work full time for our primary care program.
Janian Medical Care, P.C., an affiliate of Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS), seeks a medical assistant to join our expanding Division of Primary Care Services. Janian Medical Care provides primary medical care and psychiatric care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers at community based programs including supportive and transitional housing, shelters, and outreach teams. Long recognized as a leader in the development and delivery of on-site psychiatric care, Janian Medical Care has expanded our services to provide high-quality, integrated, comprehensive primary care to our clients.
Janian Medical Care, P. C. invites applicants for the Medical Assistant position to work alongside the primary care providers at various programs throughout Brooklyn, The Bronx, and Manhattan. The Medical Assistant will collaborate with patients’ psychiatrist, social workers, and case managers at the program and assist in coordination of care with external providers. The medical assistant will also have administrative responsibilities including schedule management, front office tasks, and assistance with insurance information collection.
The Medical Assistant will perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a provider.
Administrative duties include the following:
• Work with staff and patients for appointment management to optimize clinic hours.
• Document all services in Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
• Front Office Tasks including; basic intake and collection of insurance information, privacy practice forms collection and management, faxing, and filing
• Specialty referrals coordination
• Liaise with laboratory and pharmacies as directed by provider
• Billing related task Prior Authorization management including communication with provider and our eligibility specialist for eligibility determination
• Insurance verification via EPACES.
• Medical supply and equipment maintenance including quality control testing and inventory management
Clinical duties include the following:
• Taking and recording vital signs
• Preparing patients for examination and performing basic screenings
• Laboratory services including phlebotomy and specimen collection
• EKG exams
• Point-of-care testing as directed by the provider
The Medical Assistant role with Janian is dynamic, and additional tasks and responsibilities may be requested.
• Medical assistant training completed in a vocational technical high school setting diploma, post secondary medical assistant training program certificate
• Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical record keeping
• High school graduate or GED
• CPR certification is a plus but not required
• Must be well organized and flexible in workstyle
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; email
Medical Assistants maintain a regular weekly schedule at their assigned medical office location(s). Candidates must be willing to travel during the course of the work week to their assigned location(s) to work with their assigned provider and assist in psychiatry billing practices
*Bilingual-Spanish speaking applicants encouraged to apply. This position is 9-5pm Monday through Friday
Please send cover letter and resume to Carol.Eisenberg@janianmed.org
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• Janian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 06/04/18; CVMHA ID #12121