See all job listings
Staff Accountant - A/R
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Overview: A member of the fiscal department team, the Staff Accountant – A/R is responsible for recording and application of accounts receivable payments, Medicaid receivables, reconciliation of sub-ledger to general ledger, bank reconciliations and other account analysis.
Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include:
• Preparation of Accounts Receivable and Miscellaneous cash receipts journals
• Record EFT deposits to AR and/or Miscellaneous Cash Receipts in accounting system
• Maintain Accounts Receivable, Miscellaneous Cash Receipts and Sales Journal Entry files and logs
• Assist with monthly preparation of input into accounting system(FE) of AMEX statement allocation of expenses
• Serves as the main liaison Fiscal Accountant and Medicaid billing staff
• Responsible for Monthly, Quarterly and YE analysis of Medicaid Revenue and Receivables to GL and Medicaid billing system (Millen)
• Maintain worksheet and reconciliation to GL for EE balances on Transit benefit
• Reconciliation of Employee paid benefits to general ledger
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
• Making remote deposits and bring deposits to bank
• Designated as the backup staff for payroll processing
• Monthly GL Account analysis and reconciliation, including:
Balance Sheet and Revenue accounts and other account analysis as assigned
• Assist in preparation of fiscal year end work papers and audit
• Assist with filing and administrative duties as needed
• Special projects as assigned
• BA/BS in Accounting or 5+ years work experience, preferably in a not for profit environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Financial Edge and ADP payroll software products a plus.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/SwvGlQ.
Posted on 05/30/18; CVMHA ID #12106