See all job listings
Social Worker-The Sydelle
Center For Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Social Worker position at the newly constructed Sydelle, a 107 unit supportive housing program for low income and formerly homeless individuals and families located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx. The population served includes individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness. The program provides training in evidence based practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Behavioral Treatment for Substance Abuse for People with Serious Mental Illness.
Services provided include case management, mental health services and person centered service planning. The Social Worker will carry a caseload of 17-23 primary leaseholders and provide case management as well as person centered clinical services to individuals and families including but not limited to entitlements assistance, counselling, advocacy, referrals and information, crisis intervention, engagement, monitoring, regular outreach, psycho-education, escorting to various appointments within the community, and coordination of care with outside service providers and running groups. The Social Worker is expected to help clients to build full and satisfying lives in the community by achieving goals that are meaningful to them. This position offers the opportunity to receive LCSW hours after earning the LMSW.
Experience and Education Required:
Social Worker 1
Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW will be required when required by New York State to provide Social Work services)
Social Worker 2
Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW will be required when required by New York State to provide Social Work services) plus 2 years of applicable post-master’s degree direct service experience in the Social Work field with related populations
• Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse
• Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required
• Experience working with families preferred, but not required
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
• Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team, problem-solve, prioritize and effectively manage time
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Laura.Poschar@cucs.org
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE GO TO THE LINK BELOW:
Posted on 05/24/18; CVMHA ID #12094