See all job listings
Outreach Care Manager
Brooklyn Community Services
Position: Outreach Care Manager
Reports to: Health Homes
Work Location: Brooklyn, NY
Hours: Full Time
As members of the Care Management Team, Outreach Workers provide a wide range of direct and indirect support services to clients to help clients access services, engage and maintain medical care, and achieve positive outcomes. Outreach workers can also promote the empowerment of clients, and assist with care management activities.
• Conduct case finding and engagement of new health home referrals.
• Encourage client empowerment through peer education and support.
• Assist clients in accessing and negotiating service systems.
• Assist clients with translation, clarifying treatment plans and medical care, and providing advocacy to ensure access and receipt of services.
• Perform regular home visits to assess clients’ living environments to ensure appropriate housing.
• As an outreach worker, build caseloads, find clients lost to contact, and contact clients to help keep them engaged in care and services.
• Do basic case record documentation of client contacts and assist in collecting initial assessment/reassessment client information. Documentation training is recommended for CFW staff
• Assist Care Management Team in completion, tracking and timely follow-up on paperwork for client entitlements through different service systems.
• Engage clients’ collaterals in order to encourage and promote collaboration in order to insure a successful outcome.
• Perform various clerical duties including filing, running Medicaid checks, assembling and disassembling charts, developing client contact sheet, updating client caseload, completing team weekly reporting form at weekly team meetings, and assisting the team in compiling information for the monthly report, etc.
• BCS Liaison to Connections to Care – Facilitate trainings and provide on-going coaching to BSRC staff.
• BCS Liaison to Eastern District Court – Assisting clients with assessments and referrals, as needed.
• Participate in supervision and monthly team meetings.
MSW degree required. Spanish/English bilingual a plus. Related experience required, outreach experience preferred. Comfortable with public speaking and making presentations.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Sharon Williams – Division Director
Posted on 05/11/18; CVMHA ID #12076