See all job listings
Social Work Supervisor
Brooklyn Community Services
Position: Social Work Supervisor
Program/Department: Family Services- Preventive Services
Reports to: Assistant Director/Program Director
Work Location: 400 Liberty Avenue (ENYFC)
Hours: Full Time
The Social Worker Supervisor provides clinical and administrative supervision to a unit of 4-5 Social Workers, who are providing supportive services to families involved with or at-risk of being involved with the child welfare system. Main objectives are to ensure that staff are meeting all compliance requirements and delivering services according to our Structural Family Therapy model of practice. SW Supervisors are also an integral part of the program management team, providing leadership, training, and support to staff, program-wide.
• Provide 1 ½ hours of supervision weekly to each SW in the unit, which includes both clinical and administrative support to monitor and ensure CWS and program compliance and best practice.
• Track and supports each worker’s compliance with all mandates and deadlines (set by the child welfare system), as well as all program protocols and procedures
• Facilitate unit meetings and trainings regularly, providing instruction, supervision, and support to SWs
• Assess and support adherence to SFT model via live and taped observation of SWs’ practice
• Review and approve all casework documentation on a regular basis; offers recommendations in supervision and via monthly supervisory notes
• Evaluate and support staff performance regularly; documents progress towards professional development on a monthly basis via supervisory logs
• Facilitate Initial Contracting Conferences and review case histories in order to assist in the initial assessment of cases
• Collaborate and intervene with ACS, as needed, to address barriers or challenges related to assessment, service coordination or planning, or crisis intervention.
• Attend any conferences facilitated by ACS, providing intervention or advocacy to the family and/or social worker, as needed
• Intervene with clients and provide supervisory support (office-based and in the field) to address engagement issues, assessment challenges, and safety concerns.
• Attend supervisory trainings and meetings to actively participate in and support the overall management of the program.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy required; at least 4-5 years of post-master’s clinical experience with children and families; Post-graduate training or experience in family therapy.
Qualifications Preferred: LCSW, bilingual skills, experience in child welfare, experience with Structural Family Therapy
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Emily Rios – Division Director, Early Childhood & Family Services
Posted on 05/11/18; CVMHA ID #12074