See all job listings
Evening ADL Specialist-Delta Manor
Center For Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for an EVENING ADL SPECIALIST at the Delta Manor shelter in the Bronx. The program serves 101 homeless men with serious mental illness. Please note that the Delta Manor is a 5-story walk building with no elevator and all candidates must be able to easily use the stairs.
The Evening ADL Specialist is responsible for working with an shelter residents on daily living skills to prepare clients to obtain and maintain housing; help clients live full and satisfying lives in the community; assist with intake and move outs; help their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations including passing Callahan inspections; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm.
Experience and Education Required:
BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience OR
· BA and 2 Years of relevant work experience OR
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience OR
** For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
· Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Alexis Figueroa Alexis.Figueroa@cucs.org
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 05/08/18; CVMHA ID #12067