See all job listings
Development and Communications Associate
Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services
Reports to: Chief Development and Communications Officer
Position Context: CASES is a leading nonprofit provider of alternative-to-incarceration and behavioral health services for youth and adults in New York City who have become involved in the criminal justice system. The agency provides a range of programs operating both citywide and in targeted neighborhoods and including State-licensed mental health treatment services. Over the past six years, CASES has significantly expanded, more than doubling annual revenue and total staff.
Overview: The Development and Communications Associate is a member of the five-person Development and Communications unit responsible for CASES’ development and communications activities and working closely with CASES’ Executive; Fiscal (including Grants and Contracts); and Strategic Initiatives units. The Development and Communications Associate will share responsibility for grant writing, researching and developing prospects for public and private funding, external communications writing (including web- and print-based materials), day-to-day management of development and communications projects and databases, and occasional internal communication projects.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of agency programs and initiatives;
• Perform grant writing activities including, but not limited to, writing proposals and reports, preparing supporting documents, researching background materials, and ensuring timely submission;
• For larger proposals and reports, project manage the input of several stakeholders to develop a successful submission, including by convening meetings, developing clear instructions for each stakeholders’ role, and managing expectations and timeframes;
• Research prospective institutional donors, including RFPs released by public agencies;
• Maintain and organize funding information including, but not limited to, proposal activity information, funder files, donor tracking systems, and donor communications;
• Work with Fiscal staff to help develop budgets and manage proposal and report submissions;
• Work with Program staff along with Strategic Initiatives and Grants and Contracts staff to help develop program plans and determine realistic goals to present to funders as well as to track and understand grant progress;
• Provide support for mailings and communications, including preparing data, drafting correspondence, and conducting mail merges;
• Take lead responsibility for donor acknowledgement and recognition;
• Maintain timely correspondence with individual and institutional donors;
• Develop communications materials that explain the agency’s mission and showcase program results and accomplishments for dissemination through multiple channels (e.g. website, social networking, and print);
• Assist in updating and maintaining agency’s website;
• Represent agency and network with public and private funding sources;
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Development and Communications Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, humanities, or related field, with graduate degree or some graduate school a plus;
• Excellent writing, editing, research, organizational, and analytical skills;
• Demonstrated commitment to and/or experience with social justice and/or behavioral health programs preferred;
• Grant writing experience preferred;
• Professional experience at a nonprofit preferred;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required;
• Ability to work independently and as part of team, including on deadline-driven projects and occasional tight timelines;
• Team-oriented, flexible, and willing to learn.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system.Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/eyFkuA
Posted on 05/04/18; CVMHA ID #12064