See all job listings
SOCIAL WORKER- THE PRINCE GEORGE
Center for Urban Community services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Social Worker position at the Prince George. We are located in a historic building in the Flat Iron District of Manhattan. The Prince George is a 415 unit supportive housing residence for low income tenants, many of whom have histories of mental illness, homelessness, substance abuse, and/or HIV/AIDS. CUCS embraces a holistic, person centered approach to the work and incorporates several evidence based practices including but not limited to: Wellness Self Management, Supported Employment, Motivational Interviewing and Person Centered Service Planning.
The Social Worker is part of a six person team and is responsible for providing a full range of direct services to clients with particular emphasis on mental health, physical health, and substance abuse services. Responsibilities include crisis-intervention, medication management and regulatory compliance. Additional responsibilities include training in, and utilization of a broad array of Evidence Based Practices such as: Wellness Self Management, Supported Employment, Person Centered Service Planning, and Motivational Interviewing. We are seeking a candidate that embraces a recovery orientation, a harm reduction approach, and a dedication to helping our clients live a full and satisfying life in the community.
Come work in the Flatiron District! Work with supportive, close knit team that believes in the integrity of their work and are dedicated to improving the lives of their clients. This position offers the opportunity to receive LCSW hours after earning the LMSW.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work required.
• An LMSW is required within six months of hire.
• Recent and upcoming graduates and experienced clinicians encouraged to apply.
• Excellent outreach, assessment, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Computer literacy required.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Alexandra.Long@cucs.org
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 05/03/18; CVMHA ID #12058