See all job listings
ART INSTRUCTOR- The Lenniger/Sydelle
Center For Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for a Therapeutic Art Instructor position for the Lenniger and Sydelle Residences. These are multi-unit supportive housing residences for low income individuals and families, many of whom have a history of mental illness, homelessness, and/or substance abuse. The Lenniger and Sydelle Residences are located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx.
The Therapeutic Art Instructor is principally responsible for activity oriented group work pertaining to each building’s separate arts programs. The Art Instructor is expected to lead assigned activity groups which serve to support rehabilitation services provided to the agency’s recipients. Adjust to new assignments and changing priorities and work loads as required.
Schedule: This position is 5 hours per week with a flexible Monday-Friday work week. Each separate site is allocated different hour amounts that must be met, and add collectively to 5 hrs/week.
Experience and Education Required:
• BA and 2 years of direct service experience with individual populations (BSW and 1 year), or
HS Diploma and 6 years of direct service experience with indicated populations.
o Note: For every 30 college credits earned, 1 year of experience may be reduced from the requirement for applicants with HS diplomas.
• Demonstrated ability to serve special needs population such as those experiencing homelessness or mental illness
• Related experience and knowledge of Arts programming
• Good Verbal and written communication skills
• Computer Literacy
• Bilingual Spanish/English Preferred
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: Gabby Gomez <Gabriela.Gomez@cucs.org>
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 04/23/18; CVMHA ID #12039