See all job listings
CASE MANAGER-The Lenniger
Center For Urban Community Services
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Case Management position at the newly constructed Sydelle, a 107 unit supportive housing program for low income and formerly homeless individuals and families located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx. The population served includes individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness. The program provides training in evidence based practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Behavioral Treatment for Substance Abuse for People with Serious Mental Illness.
Services provided include case management, mental health services and person centered service planning. The Case Manager will carry a caseload of 17-23 primary leaseholders and provide case management as well as person centered clinical services including but not limited to entitlements assistance, counselling, advocacy, referrals and information, crisis intervention, engagement, monitoring, regular outreach, psycho-education, escorting to various appointments within the community, and coordination of care with outside service providers. The Case Manager is expected to help clients to build full and satisfying lives in the community by achieving goals that are meaningful to them.
· BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience
· BA and 2 Years of relevant work experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team
Send resume and cover letter to the following email address: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
• Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
• CUCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind
Posted on 04/16/18; CVMHA ID #12026