See all job listings
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Overview: A member of the fiscal department team, the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the analysis and reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet accounts, as well as assisting the Controller and Senior Accountant with the monthly close and audits.
Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include:
• Monthly GL Account analysis and reconciliation, including:
Balance Sheet and Revenue accounts and other account analysis as assigned.
• Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Assist Maintain and reconcile on a monthly and quarterly basis all assigned payroll-related accounts, including employee advances, payroll liability accounts, employee deductions, benefits and tax accounts and payroll related line item expenses.
• Assist with preparing the quarterly 941 tax reconciliation.
• Assist with preparation of bi-weekly pension contribution and loan upload files.
• Assist with the maintenance and reconciliation of subsidiary accounts by verifying allocations, transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Assist with the preparation of schedules and provide support for the annual audit, Government funding agencies and any other audits.
• Assist with the annual preparation of worksheet analysis and supporting documents for the State Consolidated Report (CFR).
• Research any significant GL account variances and retrieve supporting documentation when necessary.
• Assist with filing and administrative duties as needed.
• Special projects as assigned.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably in a not for profit environment. Attention to detail, deadline oriented.
Strong analytical and communication skills required.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Financial Edge and ADP payroll software products a plus.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/S4XGMA.
Posted on 03/29/18; CVMHA ID #11982