See all job listings
REGISTERED NURSE-NURSING DIRECTOR
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: The Guidance Center of Westchester’s Chemical Dependency Treatment Program
HOURS: Monday – Friday 5:45am – 1:45pm
Methadone Maintenance Outpatient Treatment Clinic
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have the ability to multitask.
• Be able to critically think in a crisis situation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to be stern with decisions pertaining to medication administration and patient safety.
• Computer literacy required.
The CDTC team works with adults who have a history of substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues.
The staff is multidisciplinary, composed of a part time Medical Director and Psychiatrist, fulltime Program Director, Nursing Director, Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Behavioral Health Counselors, Licensed Social Worker and part time therapists.
The Nursing Director will provide medication management; supervise LPN and RN, provide support in case of staff absence, assist in multidisciplinary decisions when necessary. The Nursing Director will have designated responsibilities and will work with the Medical Director in regards’ to assisting with physical and health assessments as needed. Nursing Director will also serve as healthcare Coordinator and Infection Control/Prevention Coordinator.
Some of the Nursing Director’s Responsibilities under the supervision of the Physician, Nurse Practitioner and or Program Director include but are not limited to:
• Assists Medical Director, Program Director, PA & Nurses with maintaining the daily work process of the clinic/s.
• Review and implement medication orders and seek clarification as needed from the Medical Director.
• Meet with patients that are pregnant or have become pregnant during attendance to the treatment program
• Provided routine supervision of LPN, RN
• Maintain security and safety of medication safe area/ nursing unit.
• Report any medication errors immediately to Medical and Program Director. Report any adverse effects Medical Director and initiate 911 protocol.
• Provide education to staff and patients ongoing/and as needed.
• Participate in ongoing educational trainings, in-services and seminars.
• Participates in case conferences and multidisciplinary meetings. Attend incident Review, Director’s meeting, Supervisor’s Meeting
• Observe patient for medication safety prior to and after medication administration.
• Assist PA, RN with the review lab letters as per MD order.
• Assessment of patients at medication window and in the building as needed.
• Dose verifications with for patients admitted to another facility d/t hospitalization, extended medical care and incarceration.
• Participate in policy and Procedure review annually and as needed
• Update methadone doses in Lighthouse weekly
• Lead in adhering to the recommended mandates to decrease the spread of infection.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• A valid RN license in state of NY.
• Current BLS CPR certification.
•Two year of recent and direct experience in behavioral health preferred.
• Must Successfully Pass Criminal and Background Checks, NYS Justice Center Registry Clearance and Finger printing will be done prior to employment.
• Familiarity with Joint Commission, OASAS, DEA, DOH and OSHA standards.
Sheila Rhodes, LCSW-R
Program Director METRO
Only those invited to interview will be contacted.
Posted on 02/08/18; CVMHA ID #11860