See all job listings
Senior Clinician (LCSW/LSCWR) at Criminal Justice Satellite Clinic
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: Mental Health Programs
HOURS: Full-time; Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm; 35 hours/week
TGCW Mental Health Programs is seeking an experienced licensed clinical social worker to join our multidisciplinary team in the provision of comprehensive mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, families and couples in lower Westchester County. This position will include the ongoing provision of direct individual, family and group psychotherapy services at one of our satellite clinics serving individuals and families involved with the criminal justice system and currently on probation. This Senior Clinician will be able to work fairly independently, problem-solving if/when there are time-sensitive concerns or issues related to patient care, handling crises in coordination with the host site, as well as providing ongoing case consultations with lead contacts at the host site. This clinician will be expected to meet a productivity commitment of 30 contacts per week. They will also be entitled to accrue up to 4 weeks PTO during their initial year of employment, and 5 weeks for their second through fifth years of employment with the agency. Due to the high volume of substance engaged individuals in this particular program, direct clinical experience with substance use and addiction recovery is required. Bilingual is preferred.
• New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LCSW-R)
• 4 or more years of experience completing mental health diagnostic assessments and providing psychotherapy to children, adolescents, adults, families and couples.
• Experience working with DSS, PINS, CPS, Probation, schools and adoption/foster care.
• Direct clinical experience working with alcoholism, substance use/addictions, SPMI, complex trauma and psychosocial stressors of poverty, abuse, abandonment, grief/loss, foster care, low/no literacy and criminal justice involvement.
• Understanding of OMH documentation requirements, including intake and assessment, medical necessity, treatment planning and clinical/psychotherapy interventions from the start of the treatment through termination.
• Ability to utilize electronic medical record while documenting collaboratively.
• Bilingual Spanish/English Speaker preferred.
• CASAC preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Posted on 02/07/18; CVMHA ID #11854