See all job listings
Licensed Clinical Social Worker for Mount Vernon Clinic
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: Mental Health Programs
HOURS: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 35 hours/week including some evening hours
The Guidance Center of Westchester is seeking an experienced licensed clinical social worker to join our multidisciplinary team in the provision of comprehensive mental health services to children, adolescents, adults and families in our Mount Vernon Clinic. This clinician will be responsible for working fairly independently while providing diagnostic assessments as well as individual, couples/family and group psychotherapy. This clinician will be expected to meet a productivity contact commitment of 30 contacts per week. They will also be entitled to accrue up to 4 weeks Paid Time Off during their initial year of employment, and 5 weeks for their second through fifth years of employment with the agency. Due to the volume of substance engaged individuals in this program, direct clinical experience with substance use and addiction recovery is required. Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred. Supervision for LCSW-R available.
• New York State Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW or LCSW-R)
• 3+ years’ experience completing assessments and providing psychotherapy.
• Experience working with alcoholism, other addictions, SPMI, complex trauma and psychosocial stressors of poverty, abuse, abandonment, grief/loss, foster care, low/no literacy and criminal justice involvement.
• Familiarity with OMH documentation requirements, including intake and assessment, medical necessity, treatment planning and clinical/psychotherapy interventions from the start of the treatment though termination.
• Ability to utilize electronic medical record while documenting collaboratively.
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
• CASAC preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Caryl Blackwood, LCSWR
Posted on 02/07/18; CVMHA ID #11852