See all job listings
Bilingual Licensed Clinician/Social Worker
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: Mental Health Programs
HOURS: Full-time, Monday-Friday, 35 hours/week (Includes some evening hours)
The Guidance Center of Westchester Mental Health Programs is seeking a bilingual clinician (fluent in Spanish) to join our multidisciplinary team in the provision of comprehensive mental health services to children, adolescents, adults and families at our Mount Vernon Clinic. This position is responsible for maintaining a productivity target of 30 contacts per week through individual, family and group psychotherapy. Individual and group clinical supervision will be provided. This clinician will also be entitled to accrue up to 4 weeks Paid Time Off during their initial year of employment, and 5 weeks for their second through fifth years of employment with the agency. Due to the volume of substance engaged individuals in this program, direct clinical experience with substance use and addiction recovery is preferred. Supervision for LSCW/LCSW-R available.
• New York State Licensed Social Worker or related mental health professional (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT)
• Bilingual English/Spanish speaker, fluent in Spanish.
• At least 1 year of experience completing assessments and providing psychotherapy to children, adolescents, families, adults and couples in a clinic setting.
• Familiarity with OMH documentation requirements, including intake and diagnosis assessment (DSM), medical necessity, golden thread, treatment planning and clinical/psychotherapy interventions from the start of the treatment though termination.
• Familiarity working with diverse populations, alcoholism, other addictions, SPMI, complex trauma, and psychosocial stressors of poverty, abuse, abandonment, grief/loss, foster care, low/no literacy and criminal justice involvement.
• Experience working with DSS, PINS, CPS, schools and Adoption/Foster Care.
• Ability to utilize electronic medical record while documenting collaboratively.
• CASAC preferred.
Commensurate with Experience
Caryl Blackwood, LCSWR
Posted on 02/06/18; CVMHA ID #11841