See all job listings
Brooklyn Community Services
Position: Staff Generalist
Program/Department: East New York Clubhouse
Reports to: Director, East New York Clubhouse
Work Location: Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY
Hours: Full Time
Work in collaboration with staff and members in the daily operation of BCS’s East New York Clubhouse, an internationally certified and highly recognized Clubhouse model program, which provides a safe, nurturing, and non-institutional setting for psychiatric rehabilitation that fosters independent living and greater participation in the community.
• Work with consumer led community of adults with mental health conditions, where members and staff jointly plan vocational, educational and social activities that develop skills and promote rehabilitation. Foster recovery, community integration, and psychiatric stabilization. Participate in regular meetings and encourage input for shared decision making and program improvements.
• Maintain enthusiasm, commitment and belief in the Clubhouse model.
• Work with members around food preparation, maintenance, and recreational socialization, with a primary focus in the kitchen and maintenance areas.
• Monitor activities including unit management, case management, and Transitional Employment site management as needed. Generate member interest in participation in the work ordered day.
• Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of the Clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
• Ensure all food purchases and preparations are within the Department of Health food guidelines.
• Maintain effective communication with outside food and maintenance vendors.
• Assist members in obtaining entitlement benefits, psychiatric and medical treatment, and in utilizing other community resources, as needed.
• Help members to identify and use community resources that promote their well-being, independence, satisfaction and self-sufficiency.
• Maintain an active caseload and provide extensive case management to members and document all case management related activities in progress notes.
• Take leadership role in ensuring positive outcomes in members’ lives. Liaise with each unit to ensure all needs of members and the clubhouse are addressed.
• Represent program and BCS to other organizations and the community at large.
• Position requires some evening, Saturday and holiday coverage.
BA in Human Services field required. Experience with mental health population preferred. Food Protection Certificate preferred. Candidates seeking higher education encouraged to apply. Excellent judgment, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required. Good writing and oral communication skills. Fingerprinting and criminal background check required.
Katrina Grant – Director East New York Clubhouse
Posted on 02/06/18; CVMHA ID #11840