See all job listings
Development and External Relations Assistant
The Bridge, founded in 1954, is a social service agency providing housing, behavioral health support, and substance abuse treatment to New Yorkers with serious mental illness. In 2016, the Harlem-based Weston United became an affiliate of The Bridge: together, we offer a comprehensive range of services to ensure that the 2,700 men and women who come to us for help each year receive the assistance they need to lead stable, healthy, and productive lives.
We are seeking a full-time Development and External Relations Assistant. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development and External Relations. the Development and External Relations Assistant will play a key role in the fundraising and external relations work of The Bridge.
· Manage the donor database (Donor Perfect), processing and
entering donations, preparing gift
acknowledgements, and running reports and lists
· Assist in drafting proposals, reports, letters of inquiry and other
· Assist in all aspects of cultivation and fundraising events, including
outreach, tracking attendees
and sales, and on-site support
· Assist in researching prospective donors and honorees
· Maintain Development calendar (indicating deadlines for
applications and reports
· Draft media releases and post-event releases, fact sheets, copy for
annual report , brochures, and other pieces
· Assist in website maintenance and updates, email
communications, social media, newsletters
· Assist in development of media list and outreach to selected media
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel,
PowerPoint, and databases a must;
experience with Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge a plus
· 1-3 years of development experience preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Creative self-starter able to work efficiently without constant
· Well-organized and attentive to details
· Diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality
· Able to remain calm, flexible, and focused
· Interest in mental health and housing issues a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree required
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Initial interviews of strong candidates will be held as submissions are received. No phone calls please.
Posted on 02/05/18; CVMHA ID #11834