See all job listings
Per Diem Substance Abuse Counselor
Outreach Development Corp
As one of the leading providers in behavioral health services, Outreach offers an exciting, high-energy, rewarding work environment. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Per Diem Substance Abuse Counselor for Outreach House II located at 400 Crooked Hill Road, Brentwood, Long Island. Outreach House II is an adolescent residential substance abuse treatment program. Per Diem Substance Abuse Counselors are called in on an as-needed basis. Due to the 24 hour nature of the facility, available shifts may vary and may include day, afternoon, evening, overnight and/or weekends. If you are passionate about empowering communities & enjoy working in high paced environments; then this might be a great match for you!
The SAC is responsible for the delivery and implementation of long term supervision, support and clinical services to a population of chemically dependent adolescents with co-occurring and mental health problems. The SAC serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. If you are passionate about empowering communities & enjoy working in high paced environments; then this might be a great match for you!
Outreach Fun Fact:
• Outreach was named one of The Best Companies to Work for in New York State 7 times!
• For over 25 years, Outreach’s Training Institute (OTI) has been an established leader in training the NYC workforce to become substance abuse and behavioral health counselors.
Per Diem Perks:
• Supportive work environment
• Growth opportunities
• Access to onsite professional development through Outreach Training Institute
• Paid prorated holidays with the option of conversion to sick time
• Participation in wellness initiatives
• 1 hour sick time for every 30 hours worked up to 5 sick days per year
• Position eligible for The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program http://bit.ly/1LFEOsD
• Position eligible for The NYS Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program http://on.ny.gov/2jv7bUK
• Position eligible for income-driven repayment plan http://bit.ly/2kYpSR8
• Initial and ongoing screening of resident and resident property in accordance with unit procedures.
• Documenting and charting all aspects of resident's progress through the use of plans, progress notes and other agency forms and tools.
• Documenting, facilitating and supervising daily group formats.
• Supervising clients in self-medication (under supervision).
• Participating in both individual and group supervision.
• Communicating all pertinent information, incidents and emergencies using the appropriate system including SAC communication log, incident reports and 24 hour on call supervisor.
• Providing crisis intervention and follow up including documentation of the incident, accident and/or elopement reports.
• Overall supervision and management of client population in the facilitation of the daily house schedule.
Keywords and Relatable Skills:
• Direct care
• Primary counselor
• Milieu Counselor
• Direct Care Support Professional
• Hall Monitor/Camp Counselor
• Case Manager
• Medical Service Coordinator
• Residential Floor Manager
• Operations Manager
• House Management
• Residential rehabilitation for teenagers/ adolescent
• Managing counselors
• Managing Community
• Community Management
• Previous experience working in an adolescent group home
• Previous experience working in a therapeutic community or residential facility
• Previous experience in childcare, non-secure and/or other types of residential experience
• Previous experience working in a hospital setting or sleep away camps
• Previous experience in community management and monitoring daily routines
• CASAC-T, CASAC or higher preferred
• Position requires standing for long periods of time in order to ensure proper floor supervision of clients
Outreach Development Corp
Posted on 02/05/18; CVMHA ID #11825