See all job listings
Outreach Development Corp
As one of the leading providers in behavioral health services, Outreach offers an exciting, high-energy, rewarding work environment. We are seeking a PT Siblings Counselor to work in our adolescent residential treatment program located at 400 Crooked Hill Road, Brentwood, Long Island.
The SAC is responsible for the delivery and implementation of long term supervision, support and clinical services to a population of chemically dependent adolescents with co-occurring and mental health problems. The SAC serves as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. If you are passionate about empowering communities & enjoy working in high paced environments; then this might be a great match for you!
Outreach Fun Fact:
• Outreach was named one of The Best Companies to Work for in New York State 7 times!
• For over 25 years, Outreach’s Training Institute (OTI) has been an established leader in training the NYC workforce to become substance abuse and behavioral health counselors.
The schedule for this position is:
• Wednesdays 4pm- 6pm and Some special events on Saturdays
Part Time Perks:
• Supportive work environment
• 12 Prorated Company-paid holidays, holidays not used within 90days are converted to sick time.
• Growth opportunities
• Access to onsite professional development through Outreach Training Institute
• Participation in wellness initiative
• Position eligible The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program http://bit.ly/1LFEOsD
• Position eligible for The NYS Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program http://on.ny.gov/2jv7bUK
• Position eligible income-driven repayment plan http://bit.ly/2kYpSR8
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Initial and ongoing screening of resident and resident property in accordance with unit procedure.
• Supervise clients in self-medication (under supervision).
• Communicate all pertinent information, incidents and emergencies using the appropriate system including the SAC communication log, incident reports and 24 hour on-call supervisor.
• Provide crisis interventions and follow up including documentation of the incident, accident and/or elopement reports.
• Overall supervision and management of client population in the facilitation of the daily house schedule.
• Facilitation of service groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
Keywords and Relatable Skills:
• Direct care
• Primary counselor
• Milieu Counselor
• Direct Care Support Professional
• Case Manager
• Residential Floor Manager
• Operations Manager
• House Management
• Residential rehabilitation for teenagers/ adolescent
• Managing counselors
• Managing Community
• Community Management
• Hall Monitor/Camp Counselor
• Senior Floor SAC
• Supervising Floor SAC
• SAC Senior Supervisor
• SAC Managing Supervisor
• Substance Abuse Supervising Manager
• Residential Operations Manager
• CASAC, LMSW, LMFT, LMHC
• 1 year of experience working with clients with substance abuse disorders.
• 1 year of experience working with adolescents with co-occurring and mental health problems.
• 1 year of experience working in in an OASAS funded facility a plus
• Experience with family therapy & Substance Abuse Counselor
• Commitment to providing quality services and outcome driven performance measures.
• Excellent organizational management skills with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance clinicians, set and achieve program objectives.
• Strong networking and public relations skills with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders, populations, and cultures
• Position requires standing for long periods of time in order to ensure proper floor supervision of clients
• Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to program planning.
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Outreach Development Corp
Posted on 02/05/18; CVMHA ID #11824