See all job listings
Outreach Development Corp.
As one of the leading providers in behavioral health services, Outreach offers an exciting, high-energy, rewarding work environment. We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of FT Court Liaison. As an integral member of the outpatient engagement and retention team, provide court advocacy for potential and current outpatient clients, and to develop and maintain relationships with the New York City court system and agencies servicing at risk individuals, and other stakeholders throughout an identified community.
Outreach Fun Fact:
• Outreach was named one of The Best Companies to Work for in New York State 7 times!
• For over 25 years, Outreach’s Training Institute (OTI) has been an established leader in training the NYC workforce to become substance abuse and behavioral health counselors.
The schedule for this position is:
• 9am-5pm flexibility required
• 10am-6pm flexibility required
Full Time Perks:
• Supportive work environment
• Growth opportunities
• Access to onsite professional development through Outreach Training Institute
• Participation in wellness initiative
• Eligibility for health, vision, and dental coverage, 403(B) plan, pension plan, health reimbursement account, and flexible spending accounts (subject to plan terms).
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance and short- and long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• 12 Vacation Days, 9 Sick Days, 12 Company-paid holidays
• Position eligible The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program http://bit.ly/1LFEOsD
• Position eligible for The NYS Licensed Social Worker Loan Forgiveness (LSWLF) Program http://on.ny.gov/2jv7bUK
• Position eligible income-driven repayment plan http://bit.ly/2kYpSR8
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent Outreach to outside agencies in a professional manner in order to increase referrals.
• Maintains and fosters positive community relations with District Attorney’s Office, probation, judges, court personnel and outside agencies.
• May provide screenings in various settings, including Courts, jails and prisons in order to determine appropriateness for substance abuse treatment.
• Makes referrals for treatment or further assessment to appropriate programs and agencies.
• Schedule appointments at the facility for clients referred from the community.
• Meets with clients, family members, attorneys, prosecutors, judges, etc. for plea bargaining, probation pertaining to pre-sentencing reports, bench conferences pending adjudication of cases, conferences with attorneys.
• Advocates for clients via statements for court records and submission of progress reports to appropriate agents of the Court.
• Maintain regular communication and contact with existing criminal justice referral sources to build rapport, within the confines of the Title 42 CFR.
• Maintain appropriate paperwork, including pertinent criminal justice documents.
• Continually updates knowledge of outside referral sources.
Keywords and Relatable Skills:
• Court Worker
• Court Liaison Specialist
• Legal Services Advocate
• Court Specialist
• Experience in screening, assessment and treatment of substance abusers
• Familiarity with criminal justice system and procedures a plus
• Bilingual a plus
• NYS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor required
Outreach Development Corp
Posted on 02/05/18; CVMHA ID #11823