See all job listings
Overnight Case Manager - Delta Manor
The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people, invites applications for an OVERNIGHT CASE MANAGER at the Delta Manor shelter in the Bronx. The program serves 101 homeless men with serious mental illness. Please note that the Delta Manor is a 5 story walk building with no elevator and all candidates must be able to easily transport using the stairs.
The Overnight Case Manger is responsible for working with shelter clients during the overnight shift to manage incidents; assist with intakes and bed changes; completing incident reports and other routine data management; help their team and program to function well and meet their contractual obligations; and striving, as appropriate to their role, to fulfill the CUCS programs’ core purpose, core values and vision statements.
The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 11pm-7am
Experience and Education Required:
BSW and 1 year of relevant work experience OR
· BA and 2 Years of relevant work experience OR
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant work experience OR
** For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services to clients with psychiatric and medical disabilities and with issues of substance abuse.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Posted on 01/25/18; CVMHA ID #11801