See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Employment Services
Reports to: Manager of Transitional Work
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non - Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: 5 days/35 hours per week, which may include evenings
Date Prepared: January 24, 2018
Under the supervision of the Manager of Transitional Work, the Program Assistant will provide administrative support to the Employment Services unit.
• Assist with the administrative support of Employment Services unit, including but not limited to conducting outreach calls to clients and interfacing with clients and employers for verification assistance;
• Enter transitional work and job placement data and assisting in program staff data entry duties;
• Assist in the scheduling and organization program participants workshop enrollments;
• Assist in the distribution of program participant incentives, including metrocards and gift cards;
• Scanning/photocoping participant information needed for participation and program verification, including but not limited to participant’s hours worked, incentives received, certifications received, and trainings/educational goal completions;
• Assist in the timely entry and verification of transitional worker hours worked;
• Update participant folders with relevant information needed to maintain records for funders;
• Assist in scheduling referrals/appointments for program participants;
• Assist in outreach and follow-up calls to employers and program partners as needed;
• Assist in field work, which may include travel to the work site to meet employers and/or employees, for the purpose of assisting in employment verification and partnership quality assurance needs; and
• Other duties as assigned by the management team in the unit as needed to support client services.
• High school diploma/GED/HSE preferred;
• Excellent verbal and written (electronic) communication skills;
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills; familiarity working with clear deliverables a plus;
• Strong data entry skills;
• Familiarity with utilizing a variety of office equipment, not limited to scanners, photocopiers, and electronic tablets;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel skills; familiarity with basic internet research;
• Customer service experience preferred;
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
May require travel to our Harlem office for meetings and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
must apply online: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=33B4B23E84A9B3F4CD16B8BC7604391F&job=6929&jpt=
Posted on 01/24/18; CVMHA ID #11797