See all job listings
General Staff Accountant
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: Finance Dept.
HOURS: 35 HOUR/WEEK (fulltime)
The Guidance Center of Westchester (TGCW) is seeking a General Staff Accountant to support the Controller in performing general accounting functions such as day to day maintenance of the books and records, account reconciliations, month-end close responsibilities, monthly financial reporting of Federal, State and City grants, Budget/ Forecasting, preparing Financial Statements, provide support for internal and external auditors, Ad hoc analysis or other type of data summary.
• Assist the Controller with day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting Department including grant management and budget review and analysis.
• Proficient in month-end and year end close process.
• Prepare and enter journal entries which include correcting entries, allocating expenditures, grant related entries, etc.
• Prepare the monthly reconciliation of accounts and determine the accuracy of balances, figures, calculation postings, etc.; investigate, reconcile and resolve discrepancies, report on variances, ex. processing of functional and benefit expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization and prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
• Prepare of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance (budget/forecast to actual variance per program/department performance and inform of unspent funds and approaching spending deadlines). Prepare government grant invoices
• Create and manage spreadsheets and schedules to assist in tracking and analyzing financial information (must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel).
• Assist in the external and internal audit process by preparing schedules and analyses in more complex areas while addressing questions that arise during company audits.
• Ability to multi-task and rearrange priorities, perform under pressure and cope with tight deadlines.
• Benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance
• Casual work atmosphere
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting.
• At least 3 solid years of non-profit accounting and 4+ of cumulative relevant experience (accounting and/or audit)
• Strong general accounting, compliance knowledge and financial reporting
• Advance MS Excel Skills.
• Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting software a plus.
$60,000 plus benefits
How to Apply: Please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements for the position to: Orlando Acevedo
Fax resume: 914-237-7256
Posted on 01/18/18; CVMHA ID #11784