See all job listings
Program Assistant, Court Employment Project
Reports to: Program Director, Court Employment Project
Overview: CASES' Court Employment Project (CEP) provides alternative to detention (ATD) and alternative to incarceration (ATI) services to youth ages 16-24 across the five boroughs. The mission of CEP is for youth to gain competence, confidence, positive connections with peers and adults, build character, receive support from caring adults, contribute to their communities, and live crime-free lives. Our services are youth development centered. We operate from the belief that if young people have mutually beneficial relationships with the people and institutions of their social world, they will be on the way to a hopeful future marked by positive contributions to self, family, community, and civil society. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, family engagement, supportive therapeutic counseling, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations and contribute to community development.
Under the supervisor of the Program Director and Team Leaders of the Court Employment Project (CEP), the Program Assistant is responsible for supporting the program with its organizational, data entry and administrative duties. The program assistant must be comfortable with working with justice-involved youth. This position requires travel between two program sites in Downtown Brooklyn and Harlem.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Create and facilitate a genuine, welcoming, and safe program environment;
• Compiles and sends out weekly and monthly reports to support program staff;
• Assists staff in data entry including attendance verification and rescheduling appointments;
• Attends weekly team meetings to take minutes and communicate relevant scheduling and program information to staff;
• Open and closes participants charts;
• Maintains and updates program materials, forms and ordering of office and substance use supplies;
• Assisting in setting up rooms for meetings and activities ;
• Order and maintain food inventory for youth program, as well as assist in preparing meals/snacks;
• Provide administrative duties for the CEP program staff including general office work, requisition supplies; photocopy and fax material as needed;
• Provide front desk coverage as needed;
• Providing conflict resolution in adherence to CASES policy as necessary
• Any other duties as required by Program Director or Team Leaders
• Dedication to working with young people;
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively and with great attention to detail while managing multiple tasks;
• Ability to create and maintain organization systems;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Flexible, creative and initiative to work independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Outlook and MS Office Suites, Saleforce is a plus; and
• Commitment to the program goals, including a strength-based approach to providing services to justice-involved young adults.
Salary: $35,000 annually with benefits
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/UL-Ekg
Posted on 01/02/18; CVMHA ID #11726