See all job listings
CEP Case Coordinator
Reports To: Team Leader of CEP
CASES' Court Employment Project (CEP) provides alternative to detention (ATD) and alternative to incarceration (ATI) services to youth ages 16-24 across the five boroughs. The mission of CEP is for youth to gain competence, confidence, positive connections with peers and adults, build character, receive support from caring adults, contribute to their communities, and live crime-free lives. Our services are youth development centered. We operate from the belief that if young people have mutually beneficial relationships with the people and institutions of their social world, they will be on the way to a hopeful future marked by positive contributions to self, family, community, and civil society. Our approach is distinguished by individualized case management, family engagement, supportive therapeutic counseling, evidence-based programming, and group activities that build positive peer associations and contribute to community development.
Under the direction of the Team Leader of CEP, the Case Coordinator will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a director, team leader, behavioral health specialist, substance use counselors and court representatives. The Case Coordinator role provides case management to caseload of high-risk youth who may have mental health or co-occurring diagnosis. The objectives of this role are to ensure participants receive services that are strengths-based, culturally-sensitive and adherent to the core principles of risk, need and responsivity to reduce recidivism, increase engagement in community treatment services and support participants to achieve their self-identified goals for treatment, recovery, rehabilitation, and crime-free community integration.
• Provide case management to youth by assessing immediate needs and legal circumstances in developing a collaborative individual treatment plan and service delivery;
• Assess program participants using validated assessments to inform individual treatment planning and service delivery;
• Assist participants in obtaining services in the community to support participants’ access community resources;
• Refer for supportive therapy to address risk factors;
• Collaborate with other staff to provide access to entitlements;
• Link participants to treatment based on their eligibility, preferences and needs and provide escort to community services;
• Act as advocate and liaison for participants in securing access to community treatment, rehabilitation and support services;
• Facilitate weekly cognitive behavioral intervention groups;
• Involve family, and treatment providers in service provision including home visits, family conferences and collaborative case conferences;
• Maintain up to date and detailed progress notes and relevant data in Salesforce following program standards and timelines;
• Provide culturally competent services in accordance with CASES policies and practice;
• Any other duties as required by the Team Leader and Director of CEP.
• Experience serving youth, at-risk youth, out-of-school youth, or youth
• Involved in the justice system preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate youth;
• Thorough understanding of a strengths-based youth development
approach to working with young people;
• Experience working with and serving families;
• Extensive knowledge of community treatment, support services, and
• Highly organized and self-motivated;
• Proficient in computers;
• Fluency in Spanish required.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
In one document, attach your cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format. No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
CASES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with CASES is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, age, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or marital, military, or citizenship status. We also actively recruit individuals with prior involvement in the criminal justice system. Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: $37, 000 annually with benefits
Please apply at: http://smrtr.io/QVNJDA
Posted on 01/02/18; CVMHA ID #11724