See all job listings
Director, Center for Rehabilitation and Recovery
The Coalition for Behavioral Health
The Center for Rehabilitation and Recovery (CRR) is a program of The Coalition for Behavioral Health that promotes quality recovery-oriented and person-centered services. CRR provides training, consultation, resources, tools, and information to professionals in behavioral health agencies in the New York City metropolitan area. Current CRR efforts focus on programs and organizations providing mental health psychosocial rehabilitation services including, but not limited to: PROS providers; HCBS providers; clubhouses; and psychosocial clubs.
The Director of CRR has primary responsibility for the overall guidance and administration of CRR, working closely with The Coalition senior management to ensure program goals are met. The Director provides leadership and expertise in recovery oriented and psychosocial rehabilitation practice; has an eye towards future growth and funding of CRR; and represents CRR and The Coalition at public events.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop short and long-range goals with CRR staff and Coalition senior management that support the work of CRR and fold into The Coalition’s strategic vision;
• Oversee and develop technical assistance services for PROS, HCBS, Clubhouses and other mental health rehabilitation oriented programs;
• Oversee and develop CRR annual training workshop calendar; facilitate a collaborative method of workshop development; and identify community expertise when not available in-house;
• Facilitate collaborative relationships with external consultants and expert trainers to provide training and support to provider agencies and establish contracts with partners in collaboration with The Coalition senior management;
• Develop annual workplan, quarterly reports and liaise regularly with funders from the NYS OMH and NYC DOHMH on workplan progress and future projects;
• Review current technical assistance and training offerings for consistency, ensure subject matter is up to date and informs best practice;
• Design and implement systems to monitor quality and impact of training workshops and technical assistance efforts;
• Work directly with provider organizations to provide training, technical assistance, clinical and administrative resources about recovery-related issues;
• Ability to foster partnerships and work collaboratively with other technical assistance and training organizations;
• Recruit, hire and manage high-performing CRR team;
• Work with CRR team and Coalition senior management to develop new program concepts, identify potential grants and/or funding opportunities and submit proposals;
• Collaborate with Coalition senior management and fiscal staff on CRR annual budget expense and revenue projections;
• Approve expenditures related to CRR activities in line with annual budget;
• Represent and promote the Coalition and CRR at city, state, and national forums;
• Contribute to the field through publications, presentations, and collaborations with service providers, researchers and others
• Expertise in psychiatric/psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery-oriented practice;
• Strong knowledge of the NY State behavioral health landscape of services and programs including: PROS; HCBS; Clubhouse; Medicaid Managed Care transition; Health Home and Care Management; entitlement services for people with psychiatric disabilities; and strong understanding of substance use issues and service resources;
• Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal;
• Sophisticated approach to problem solving, communication and outcomes;
• Excellent presentation, training and coaching skills;
• Ability to multi-task and be accommodating to changing priorities, high attention to detail;
• Strong leadership and management skills;
• Strong skills in use of software and web-based computer applications, such as – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred;
• Knowledge of eLearning and basic understanding of adult learning theory and industrial design;
• Ability to navigate and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders;
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new knowledge and skills.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree in behavioral health or related field, including: social work; mental health counselor; occupational therapy; public health; family therapy; or related field with both clinical and programs knowledge.
• Minimum of 8 years of management experience;
• Extensive knowledge of the psychiatric rehabilitation model, learning and educational theory and practice;
• Substantial experience in developing and facilitating training curricula;
• Prior experience facilitating workshops, and providing technical assistance or consultation services to behavioral health professionals;
• Experience in organizational development, fundraising, proposal development and grant writing;
• Lived experience of mental health recovery is preferred;
• Prior experience working in a NYS OMH-licensed program, Rehabilitation Program, Managed Care company, health home, benefits office, or government oversight office.
Reports to: Executive Vice President
EOE - The Coalition for Behavioral Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers equal opportunities for employment for all qualified applicants consistent with federal, state and local laws.
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: email@example.com with subject line: “Center Director”
Posted on 12/21/17; CVMHA ID #11695