See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Care Management Unit
Reports to: Senior Director, Care Management Unit
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: 5 Days/Week
Date Prepared: December 19, 2017
Fortune’s Care Management Unit (CMU) provides health care coordination services to high utilization Medicaid clients with criminal justice histories who have chronic health and mental health conditions. We’re currently seeking a dynamic, experienced Clinical Director to provide clinical and managerial oversight of our rapidly growing Care Management Unit (CMU). Oversight of the unit will be interdisciplinary in nature, incorporating medical behavioral expertise for the purpose of providing comprehensive support and guidance of care management activities. S/he will work closely with his/her team to ensure consistent provision of high quality face-to-face and telephonic outreach, assessment, intervention, referral, linkage, monitoring and service planning for all clients served. The Director will be responsible for ensuring that the individual Health Home policies and procedures that guide the CMU’s work are understood and adhered to by the members of the unit. S/he will compile and maintain programmatic data reports and build strong working relationships with Health Home networks, medical and behavioral health providers, social service providers, and other stakeholders to align services that promote access to care and enhanced health outcomes for all clients. The Director will also be responsible for ensuring an environment of trust and client well-being within the unit at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides clinical and operational supervision to the Care Management team, including Supervisors, Care Managers, Care Navigators and administrative personnel;
• Monitors performance of team members in accordance with the policies and procedures of their assigned Health Home and provides training and coaching as necessary;
• Works closely with the agency’s compliance unit to ensure audit-ready unit performance at all times;
• Utilizes management tools and databases to track staff workload and activities;
• Develops and implements performance improvement plans and manages a progressive disciplinary process as needed; oversees the delivery of performance improvement plans across supervisory team;
• Assists in the planning and implementation of operational procedures and provides continuous feedback about operations; ensures all departmental policies are in adherence with regulatory bodies and Health Homes;
• Serves as a point of contact for internal and external crisis intervention services; Writes and delivers performance evaluations; oversees the timely completion of performance evaluations for those under his/her supervision;
• Collaborates with referral sources including clinical care providers and other entities;
• Utilizes multiple electronic health record systems and ensures that supervisory team develops expertise in the EHR of the assigned Health Home(s);
• Promotes the mission of the Fortune Society; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Oversees Care Management Team, under the guidance of the senior director. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing workloads; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), License Masters of Social Worker (LMSW), or a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) is required;
• Two years of post-Masters Degree experience in the emotional/behavioral assessment and treatment of individuals in a mental health setting, including experience with those with substance use and/or chronic illness; working knowledge of HIV infection;
• A minimum of two years managerial experience supervising staff who deliver services to individuals living with chronic medical and/or severe and persistent behavioral health needs;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically and diplomatically with diverse internal and external audiences; ability to motivate, develop, and coach individuals and groups;
• Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
• Proven ability to drive programmatic outcomes to success;
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; working knowledge of MAPP, ePACES, PSYCHES a plus;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) a plus; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – travel to our Harlem office for meetings and/or events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
must apply online:
Posted on 12/20/17; CVMHA ID #11687