See all job listings
Evening Case Manager -Prospect Place
The Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) seeks an Evening Team Case Manager to provide 4pm-12am coverage at its Prospect Place shelter for homeless, mentally ill women. Prospect Place is a 90 bed recovery oriented housing placement program located at 174 Prospect Place in Brooklyn, NY. Program services include: housing placement, comprehensive health, mental health, and case management services. Prospect Place operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff. The program is readily accessible by public transportation.
HOURS-4pm to 12am Monday through Friday
The program’s goal is permanent housing placement that meets women’s preferences, needs and abilities.
Program services include: housing placement, on-site health and mental health care, housing focused case management, and group services.
The Evening Case Manager is part of the Evening Team which consists of an Evening Supervisor, Evening Social Worker, and two Evening Case Managers. Some of the responsibilities of the Evening Case Manager are:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Providing medication monitoring during assigned shifts.
5. Assisting with clients moving into the shelter that occur during shift.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.
· Case Manager 1- High school diploma and 2 years experience
· Case Manager2- Bachelor’s Degree or HS Diploma and 4 years relevant experience.
· Case Manager3-Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience or BSW and 1 year relevant experience or HS Diploma and 6 years relevant experience. Note: for 30 college credits earned, 1 year od experience may be reduced from the requirement for applicant with HS diploma
· For applicants without a college degree, every 30 credits can be substituted for 1 year of experience.
· Computer literacy, excellent writing and verbal communication skills are required.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required
· Ability to work effectively as part of a core services team.
Posted on 11/29/17; CVMHA ID #11615