See all job listings
Pharmacy Technician - Part Time
Educational Alliance, a 127 year old New York institution, is a vibrant, dynamic organization serving New Yorkers from all walks of life. We serve everyone regardless of the language they speak, where they come from, or their socioeconomic status. We believe that everyone should have a chance to live a better life and that arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and social services can help lay that foundation.
Discounts to programs at Educational Alliance
Under the supervision of the medical director, nurse practitioner, and/or program director, provides operational support to facilitate the delivery of medical/clinical services to clients.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
• Provides administrative and organizational assistance to the medical and clinical staffs of the Center for Recovery and Wellness
• Partners with internal and external departments and agencies to improve the quality of coordination for medical and clinical services
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Supervision of (self) administration of medication to residents.
• Transcription of medication orders and monitoring medication records for compliance.
• Performs accurate and complete audits of medication transported, received, administered, stored or disposed, as trained and assigned, in accordance with EA medication policies and procedures.
• Review and filing medical feedbacks
• Coordination of medical appointments for clients
• Review with provider the necessity for medical requests by clients
• Monitoring client safety with medical appointments
• Ensuring internal provider appointments are utilized efficiently through communication and scheduling
• Follow up pharmacy calls to track orders and deliveries, and any customer service barriers
• Assists in gathering medical information from providers for continued treatment authorizations
• Assists in facilitating new processes to reduce waiting time in medication administration
• Assist with organizing schedule for medical screenings or new intakes
• Collect medical documentation from outside providers and assist in filing in records onsite
Compliance and Quality Assurance
• Responsible for the internal auditing of medical services including implementation of quality improvement and assurance.
• Monitor attainment of goals and effectiveness of medical services and ensure that the Center’s productivity goals are reached
• Attend weekly staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma/GED;
Graduate from an accredited Pharmacy Tech and certification as Pharmacy Tech in New York State
Posted on 11/29/17; CVMHA ID #11614