See all job listings
Facilitator and Program Associate (Part-Time) / Center for Rehabilitation & Recovery
The Coalition for Behavioral Health
The Center for Rehabilitation and Recovery (CRR) is a program of The Coalition for Behavioral Health that focuses on promoting quality recovery-oriented services. CRR provides training, consultation, resources, tools, and information to professionals in behavioral health agencies in the New York City metropolitan area. The Part-Time Program Associate serves as a member of the Center’s team, providing technical assistance and consultation, training, and clinical support to NYC PROS programs, clubhouses, psychosocial clubs, and other recovery-oriented mental health programs on issues specifically related to workforce inclusion for people with psychiatric disabilities and other topics, including: Medicaid Buy-In; Social Security Benefits; Medicaid managed care & healthcare reform; person-centered & recovery oriented practices. This is a part-time position.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• co-facilitation, and ongoing development, of the Introduction to Benefits Management training series;
• conducting education and outreach events on the MBI-WPD entitlement program;
• disseminating updated policy information related to work related entitlements such as MBI-WPD, SSDI/SSI, etc.;
• developing tools and resources for the NYC PROS and rehabilitation provider community;
• closely tracking consultation activities provided to organizations;
• assisting in regular reporting to funders, the NYS OMH and NYC DOHMH as needed;
• participating in regular relevant entitlement related external meetings, committees, and taskforces as needed;
• developing presentations, representing and promoting the CRR at City, State, and National meetings, conferences, and other forums;
• developing and maintaining relationships with government representatives, providers, advocates, researchers and other key institutions to support program development and system reform efforts;
• providing consultation and technical assistance with other CRR staff when needed by engaging providers in a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of program operations to improve practice, and better comply with State regulations, MCO and health home requirements;
• developing curriculum and delivering trainings for New York City providers with other CRR staff on a wide array of topics, including: best practices in specific HCBS options; program operations, person-centered recovery planning; introduction to recovery oriented care; and trauma-informed care.
• participating in CRR and Coalition staff meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Local entitlement policy and programs for people with psychiatric disabilities.
• Strong knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery-oriented practice.
• Knowledgeable about the mental health system of care in NY and with PROS , HCBS and other rehabilitation services in particular; including direct experience and knowledge of OMH and DOH regulations and compliance for PROS and HCBS.
• Familiarity with other systems of care and social service areas including: substance use; child welfare, criminal justice, and family court.
• Effective communication skills: verbal, written and interpersonal.
• Excellent presentation, training and coaching skills.
• Ability to multi-task and be accommodating to changing priorities, high attention to detail.
• Effective use of software and web-based applications – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint preferred.
• Ability to navigate and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new knowledge and skills.
Education and Experience
• Credentialing as a Benefits and Work Incentives Practitioner is preferred.
• Lived experience of mental health recovery is preferred.
• Master’s Degree in behavioral health related field, including: social work; mental health clinician; occupational therapy; public health; family therapy; or related field with both clinical and programs knowledge.
• Experience working in a NYS OMH-licensed program, Rehabilitation Program, Managed Care company, health home, benefits office, or government oversight office.
• Prior experience facilitating workshops, and providing technical assistance or consultation services to behavioral health professionals.
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “PT Program Associate Position”
Posted on 11/22/17; CVMHA ID #11596