See all job listings
Case Manager (Substance Abuse)
Location: Mineola 11501
EAC Network seeks a full-time Case Manager (Substance Abuse) for its new Nassau Felony Treatment Court program located in the Mineola Court. With substance abuse being drastically on the rise, be a part of an exciting new program to do your part to help individuals who are struggling. The Case Manager is responsible for conducting screenings and assessments, assisting program participants in accessing a broad range of services; including alcohol and substance abuse treatment, identifying individuals to participate in Interactive Journaling and facilitating the individual or group sessions of this cognitive behavioral therapy intervention. Position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM. Excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) EAC Network is an EOE. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct program screenings and assessments at local jails and in the community.
• Develop psychosocial assessments and treatment plans in conjunction with the treatment team.
• Conduct interactive journaling and other cognitive behavioral intervention sessions as needed.
• Assist clients with basic needs (housing, public assistance, medical services).
• Monitor clients in treatment to support recovery.
• Maintain client records.
• Prepare written reports as needed.
• Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients.
• Transport clients to treatment facilities when indicated.
• Perform drug testing.
• Associate’s degree and a CASAC or a Bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral sciences required.
• Experience working with criminal justice clients required, preferably with experience conducting groups and CBT interventions.
• Must have working knowledge of treatment programs and local criminal justice systems.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment and criminal justice systems.
• Must be proficient in computer applications necessary to perform work assignments.
Please indicate desired salary in application.
Posted on 11/22/17; CVMHA ID #11595