See all job listings
Team Leader, PEAK Bronx
Reports To: Director of Family Court and Mentoring Services
Overview: The Pathways to Education Achievement and Knowledge, (PEAK) center is a safe haven where youth will have access to skills-building, educational and recreational activities, as well as wrap-around services, support services for family members and referrals to promote youth and family safety, resilience and community connectedness. Youth are eligible to participate in the PEAK center activities aged 18 and under referred by DOP staff under the jurisdiction of the Bronx Family Court. Under the direction of the Program Director the Team Leader supervises 2 Youth Workers. The objectives of this role are to ensure that participants and their families receive opportunities to engage in creative and enriching services that are strengths-based, culturally-sensitive and are adherent to the core principles of risk and need responsivity. PEAK staff assist participants and their families in achieving their self-identified goals, and aid in the process of participants successfully completing probation supervision and minimizing future involvement in the juvenile and criminal justice systems.
• Supervise a staff of 2 non-clinical case coordinators;
• Deliver professional development to case coordinators;
• Assign cases to case coordinators;
• Ensure the timely flow of activities to meet program goals and objectives;
• Administer assessment tools including mental health, risk and needs and educational assessments to assist in the development of youth goal plans;
• Assess family needs in order to refer to the appropriate resources/services;
• Supervise and support staff in the use of youth development principles and motivational interviewing to engage and retain participants in services;
• Lead weekly team meetings;
• Write Monthly reports;
• Review and approve monthly Progress reports;
• Liaise with community resources to create meaningful and useful partnerships;
• Review program plans, conduct case conferences and folder reviews;
• Conduct weekly individual supervision;
• Collaborate with Team Leader for Brooklyn PEAK to create cohesive PEAK services across boroughs;
• Monitor and evaluate the quantity and quality of the case coordinators’ duties; and
• All other duties as assigned by Director.
• LMSW required;
• Two or more years of counseling experience with at least one year focused on youth or criminal justice populations;
• Some supervision experience;
• Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks under difficult and often stressful conditions;
• Commitment to working with court-involved young people and a thorough understanding of the complex systems, issues and factors that affect them, and;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/NWTTGA.
Posted on 11/15/17; CVMHA ID #11583