See all job listings
The Fortune Society
Unit: Better Living Center
Reports to: Clinic Director
Status: Full Time; Regular; Exempt
Location: Long Island City
Days/Hours: Monday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm; Tuesday; 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Thursday
12:00 pm - 8:00 pm; Wednesday & Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Date Prepared: November 14, 2017
Responsible for providing ongoing psychotherapy to clients with histories of criminal justice involvement and/or current involvement with criminal justice in an OMH-licensed outpatient clinic setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct client assessment and psychosocial interviews;
• Provide ongoing psychotherapy to a caseload of approximately 50 clients with a minimum of 35 scheduled sessions per week;
• Complete all case notes within 48 hours;
• Participate in case conferences with psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse practitioner;
• Supervise MSW internship students (if SIFI certified);
• Develop curricula and facilitate groups for BLC clients; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• LMSW or LCSW required;
• Bilingual Spanish Speaking Strongly Preferred;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in an outpatient clinic setting;
• Some work on internship experience in dealing with psychiatric issues, trauma or incarceration a plus;
• Strong computer skills, particularly in electronically entering case notes;
• Excellent counseling, team communication and case note writing skills;
• SIFI certification a plus; and
• We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements: May require travel to our Harlem location and/or NYC trainings as necessary.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
must apply online:
Posted on 11/14/17; CVMHA ID #11570