See all job listings
Sr. Accountant, Accounts Receivable & General Ledger
Reports To: Controller
Overview: A member of the fiscal department team, the Senior Accountant is responsible for revenue recognition, accounts receivable and analysis of P&L and balance sheet accounts, preparing the bi-weekly payroll upload into the accounting system and all necessary adjusting entries as well as assisting the Controller with the monthly close and audit preparation. The Senior Accountant is also responsible for supervising four Staff Accountants, to ensure timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Petty cash reconciliations and account analysis.
Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities include:
• Supervising Staff Accountants, providing on-going guidance and feedback and ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of transactions for monthly closing.
• Delegate financial responsibility to accounting team.
• Reviewing and posting accounts receivable, EFT deposits, and miscellaneous cash receipts.
• Maintenance and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable subsidiary ledger in Financial Edge Accounting System.
• Using accounting system, gather, analyze and summarize general ledger data on an accrual basis to ensure accurate financial statements.
• Review and post monthly journal entries and adjusting entries as needed.
• Responsible for timely monthly and quarterly general ledger account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Work with payroll manager to review bi-weekly payroll, labor distribution, make any required corrections or adjustments and up-load bi-weekly payroll file to general ledger.
• Review and upload bi-weekly pension contribution and pension loan files.
• Ensure timely reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis of all payroll-related accounts, including employee advances, payroll liability accounts, employee deductions, benefits and tax accounts and payroll related line item expenses.
• Responsible for quarterly payroll tax reconciliations (941 and NYS 45).
• Prepare schedules and provide support for annual audit, Government funding agencies and any other audits.
• Assist with the annual preparation of worksheet analysis and supporting documents for the State Consolidated Report (CFR).
• Research any significant variances and take follow up action when necessary.
• Coordinate and ensure regular internal audits of petty cash accounts, review issues and any corrective action plans.
• Work with grants accountants and other staff to ensure timely follow-up on outstanding receivables both grantor agency and client or staff payments.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, related field or equivalent work experience.
• Prior supervisory experience required.
• Minimum 5 years work experience, preferably in a not for profit environment.
• Strong leadership qualities, attention to detail and deadline oriented.
• Strong analytical and communication skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Financial Edge and ADP payroll software products a plus.
Benefits: Here at CASES we offer benefits that will assist you in making the most of your career and your life. Our programs include health and wellness insurance which is offered through Aetna. A retirement 403(b) plan is held with Principal, education, and training. Additionally, our portable ancillary benefits are offered through Aflac, Legal Shield, and ADP Flexible spending account; which is then deducted through payroll along with commuter benefits, additional short-term disability, cancer, additional income protection, hospitalization coverage, and identity theft protection.
Please apply through: http://smrtr.io/XkjD6w.
Posted on 11/10/17; CVMHA ID #11562