See all job listings
Children’s Care Coordinator
The Guidance Center of Westchester
PROGRAM: Health Home Care Management
HOURS: 9:00am-5pm, Monday – Friday 35 hours/week
The Guidance Center of Westchester provides care management services to adults with serious mental illness and behavioral disorders, as well as to children with mental health conditions and complex trauma disorders, and their families.
We seek a children’s care coordinator who will ensure that eligible children and their families are connected to mental health, medical, substance abuse, and social services that will improve health outcomes and quality of life.
The children’s care coordinator will be responsible for the following:
• Enroll eligible children/youth up to age 21 years in the CommunityHealth Care Collaborative Children’s Health Home for comprehensive care management services.
• Collaborate with child’s family to develop care plan that addresses the child’s behavioral, medical, social, and educational needs
• Collect all necessary medical and school records to inform and support care plan
• Connect enrolled children’s families to needed community resources
• Complete CANS-NY and other assessments for children assigned to caseload
• Perform and document required number of contacts each month
• Complete required billing and progress report documentation
• Coordinate care with child’s family, caregivers, and various healthcare providers
• Arrange and hold case conferences as needed
• Monitor changes in condition and functioning and modify care plan accordingly
• Ensure the prompt, consistent delivery of services by continual follow up, home visits, and field work to community providers
• Enter and update accurate, complete documentation in timely manner to GSI, MAPP
*Must have a valid NYS driving license and driving record that meets the organization
and their respective insurance company’s driving requirements at all times.
Please include cover letter with resume
• Bachelor Degree in health and human services field required; Master degree preferred.
• Minimum 1 year post-degree experience in children’s health care, child and family welfare, or care management for children and youth with behavioral conditions
• Excellent computer, speaking and writing ability
• Bilingual English-Spanish
• Knowledge of lower Westchester County health care and social services
• Clean driver’s license
Competitive; excellent benefits
SEND RESUMES TO: email@example.com
Please include cover letter with resume.
Posted on 11/09/17; CVMHA ID #11555