See all job listings
Nurse Practitioner of Psychiatry – Bronx GMHOS
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnose the patient’s illness and help assess his/her situation with the assistance of other team members;
• Participate with other staff members in the development of a treatment plan based on the diagnostic assessment;
• Periodically reassess patients’ needs and circumstances and revise treatment plan if appropriate;
• Make home visits to patients throughout the Bronx;
• Help coordinate patients’ care with CMHC’s, hospitals and other agencies;
• Maintain a customer-oriented approach to meeting patient needs in an expedient manner, involving the family in the plan of care as appropriate.
• Maintain confidentiality and patient privacy.
• Provide heath assessments and monitoring services.
• Under direction of the team psychiatrist, prescribe and monitor patients’ medication;
• Help with hospitalization when appropriate;
• Conduct seminars and play a part in the education of the team where time permits and the necessity arises;
• Participate in staff committees, program planning, conferences and meetings.
• Be available to the team for telephone consultations, when necessary.
• Complete required case records, reports, and statistics within mandated timeframes, utilizing computers, if so required.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
• Master’s degree from a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program
• Valid NYS License for Nurse Practitioner-Psychiatry
• Possess a NPI number.
• Possess a current DEA Registration Number.
• Possess a Medicare Provider Number - preferred
• Possess, or demonstrate acceptance for, Medical Malpractice Insurance.
• Good writing/record keeping skills
• Familiarity with EHR and with e-prescribing - preferred
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit, and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences
• An understanding and appreciation of the roles that race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values, have as they relate to serving clients and families
247 West 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
Posted on 11/09/17; CVMHA ID #11554