See all job listings
Direct Support Professional - Children
1. General supervision of youth during shift. Ensure and adhere to OMH regulated 3:1 daytime/evening and 4:1 overnight youth to staff ratios at all times.
2. Complete Goal Review Updates bi-weekly for primary youth as assigned. Complete crisis plans every 3 months.
3. Contacting assigned youth's families multiple times per week.
4. Complete monthly restorative notes as assigned, complete progress notes as assigned, and complete collateral contact notes for every contact with families, doctors, dentists, psychiatrists, therapists, schools, outside agencies and any other contact regarding the youth.
5. Transportation of youth in agency and/or personal vehicle. Accompany, supervise and provide transportation (when necessary) for appointments, home visits and activities.
6. Involvement in change of shift meeting, house youth meeting, staff meetings and attend trainings.
7. Medication management and appropriate documentation.
8. Implementation of service plan goals and objectives, assisting youth in learning appropriate daily living skills, and assistance in all activities (i.e. meal preparations, housekeeping, and recreational activities, etc).
9. Emergency coverage as needed (i.e. staff shortage on shift, crisis CPEP visits after scheduled hours).
10. Responsible for maintaining (or having access to) a personal vehicle throughout the course of the work day.
11. Other duties as assigned.
POSITIONS IN DIX HILLS:
Saturday - Wednesday 4pm - 12am
and per diem
POSITIONS IN SETAUKET:
Friday 4pm - 12am; Saturday & Sunday 8am - 4pm
Saturday and Sunday 4pm - 12am
and per diem
Associates degree in social work or related field. Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred or a high school diploma and a minimum of two years' experience in a mental health or related setting.
Experience working with children preferred.
Valid and clean NYS driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Please forward your resume to:
Posted on 11/09/17; CVMHA ID #11552