See all job listings
1. Handle day to day medical issues; oversee medication log and youth's medical charts, i.e.: ensuring medication administration is documented & medical chart maintenance is up-to-date, etc.
2. Arranges for staff training on specialized issues such as Medication Handling, HIV and Hepatitis, CPR, first aid and medication dispensation.
3. Submission of requires documentation in a timely manner in accordance with state and agency regulations.
4. Ensures and adhere to OMH regulated 3:1 daytime/evening and 4:1 overnight youth to staff ratios at all times.
5. On call 24/7 for all health and medical issues of residents.
6. Attendance of all monthly psychiatric appointments and follow up contact with psychiatrist as needed.
7. Responsible for following up with medical/mental health providers regarding client medication issues.
8. Conduct health and wellness groups with youths weekly. Ensure youths receive annual medical and biannual dental examinations.
9. Primary contact person for hospital and other medical providers regarding medical issues.
10. Emergency coverage as needed (i.e. staff shortage on shift, crisis CPEP visits are scheduled hours).
11. Participate in monthly supervision and staff meetings.
12. Provide direct care as needed. All residents must be in eyesight vision of staff at all times.
13. Transportation of youth as needed, sometimes use of personal vehicle as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. required to have RN licensure
2. minimum of 2 years adolescent experience (preferably in the psychiatric field).
3. strong communication and people skills,
4. Knowledge of and experience working with adolescent population.
Please forward resumes to:
Posted on 11/09/17; CVMHA ID #11551