See all job listings
Evening Social Worker - Prospect Place
Center for Urban Community services
CUCS seeks an Evening Social Worker for Prospect Place. Prospect Place is a 90 bed Transitional Living Community for homeless women with serious mental illness. The program’s goal is permanent housing placement that meets women’s preferences, needs and abilities. The shelter is readily accessible by public transportation.
Program services include: housing placement, on-site health and mental health care, housing focused case management, and group services. The TLC operates 7 days per week with 24 hour clinical and security staff.
Prospect Place is a beautiful, newly renovated building on a tree-lined street. Amenities include: a full medical suite and offices for the on-site medical, psychiatric, and social service teams, multiple resident lounges with TVs and computers, and outdoor garden space.
In this job, you will be able to work toward your LCSW by obtaining the necessary clinical practice hours and receiving supervision from a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
The Evening Social Worker is part of the Evening team. Some of the responsibilities of the evening shift:
Fostering seamless service provision across shifts.
1. Knowing and being able to communicate with clients about the program's mission, structure, and approach to treatment.
2. Providing and documenting relevant information about a client to their workers and other program staff.
3. Knowing program rules and reporting on rule violations.
4. Assisting with client move ins that occur during the shift.
5. Working closely with onsite medical providers as needed or assigned.
Ensuring that clients are safe and comfortable.
1. Responding to crises.
2. Proactively working to create and/or maintain an environment which is safe and comfortable.
. Providing and supporting opportunities for therapeutic recreation and socialization.
1. Proactively working to engage clients in the program.
2. Facilitating positive group activities.
The Evening Social Worker is expected to understand and support the management activities that ensure the good functioning of the team and the program as a whole. They are also be expected to provide oversight and support to their team in the absence of the Evening Supervisor.
Hours: Monday—Friday 3pm—11pm
MSW, LMSW preferred
Good verbal and written communication skills
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK OR COPY AND PASTE URL TO YOUR BROWSER:
Posted on 11/08/17; CVMHA ID #11548