See all job listings
Youth Care Service Specialist
OVERVIEW: The Youth Care Service Specialist position is a dual role that affords individuals an opportunity to positively impact the lives of youth faced with behavioral and emotional challenges and their families by providing intensive supports and crisis services which assist the youth with achieving wellness.
- provides Intensive In-Home services that help to facilitate the child's emotional and social development and learning.
- reinforces desired cognitive and behavioral changes to prevent crises and to support the emotional well–being of the child and family.
- work on designed strategies which may include: anger management, socialization, psycho-education, post crisis debriefing may include: anger management, socialization (issues/dynamics as opposed to functional social skills), psycho–education, post crisis de–briefing, re–enforcing the integration of safety plans in the home, parent–child relationship building, teaching parenting skills, providing support in emotional self-regulation in situational contexts, encouraging supportive sibling relationships with the Waiver child, developing healthy coping mechanisms, making healthy choices, inter–personal communication, building self-esteem, clarifying identity issues, etc.
- services may be provided in the home or in the community for an individual child and their family.
- perform crisis response: interventions designed to assist children and families when they are in crisis.
- provide immediate, short-term interventions until linkages are made with other appropriate services. This may include assessment, consultation, facilitating the safety plan's interventions and referral wherever and whenever necessary on a 24 hour/7 day a week basis
- Master’s Degree and one year experience providing direct services to children in the children’s service system with a preference for the mental health field/working with children with SED or Bachelor’s Degree or NYS Teachers Certificate and two years of experience providing direct services for children in the children’s service system with a preference for the mental health field/working with children with SED. *Qualifying experience may be pre- or post- degree. Candidates may qualify by meeting the qualifications for the NYS Intensive Case Manager position.
- Valid and clean NYS driver's license and access to a vehicle.
Please forward your resume to:
Posted on 11/03/17; CVMHA ID #11535